Thursday, January 3, 2008

Update on the Rose Family

This is an update on Steve and Elizabeth Rose from their cousin.

Things change daily, but only by a little bit. So I thought I would wait a bit before giving an update. I believe that I have everything correct below. This is the update that I received today, Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2008. If anything is incorrect that anyone knows of, please let me know. Thanks.Steve and Elizabeth are doing fairly well. I think as of the beginning of this week, Elizabeth was moved to the Rehad center and is going through physical therapy. We haven't been up to the hospital to see her again. We went the Wednesday before Christmas, but she was sleeping. Mom and Dad went the Saturday before Christmas and said that she looked good and was in good spirits--but I know the good spirits come and go.As for Steve, he had surgery the last week of school on his eyes and nose areas. They are slowly taking him off of the medicine that has been sedating him--very slowly. He is able to open his eyes and squeeze hands to communicate. As of today, the hospital provided a device that helps him talk some (I don't know all of the details). He told the doctor that he wanted to look perfect! He does remember the accident, but they still have not mentioned the kids to him. I know that it did a world of good for my aunt to hear him talk. He can't use the device very much because it is difficult for him to breath on his own. But they are seeing improvement. They are hoping that Elizabeth will be able to leave the rehab center to visit Steve sometime soon. I know that she isn't believing anyone when they tell her that Steve is doing well--and I don't blame her. As for funeral arrangements for Tanner and Brooklyn, the funeral home is going to hold them for as long as needed. The family wants Steve and Elizabeth to be able to be part of the planning of the funeral--which is only the right thing to do in my book at least. Anyway, we greatly appreciate all the prayers that everone is sending up. Please continue to remember them in your daily prayers as they begin to heal and deal with all the emotional pain. It looks like a long road to full recovery for them both.

No comments: