Saturday, June 7, 2008

Prayer Requests UPDATED (finally).

Kristie sent this update on the Bell baby:
I just wanted to give you all an update on little Connlay Bell (the baby born with the brain tumor). I heard yesterday that he recently had a full body scan and there were no signs of any clustering cancer cells. That is wonderful news since the cancer he had was so fast growing that they would have been able to see by now if it was coming back. He is able to take a bottle now and no longer needs the feeding tube. I did not hear anything about whether they have changed his prognosis, but I would think they would have to after such a good report. He does not make sounds yet, but the part of the brain that was affected by the tumor is the part of the brain that controls speech...so hopefully it will adapt and he will eventually be able to make some sounds. He still doesn't cry either so I'm not sure why that is.....but, when I get another update I'll keep you posted. Thanks to all for the many prayers....they have helped!

Please look at the reflux kidos on the right sidebar. There are several that are doing well right now. Kennedy, Maggie and Nate are doing wonderfully. Mila is also doing well after her heart surgery and had gained weight and improved cardiac function. Several are dealing with feeding aversions and sensory integration disorders due to their child's constant pain. Quinn has also been dealing with ALTE (Apparent Life Threatening Episodes) related to sleep apnea. The insurance is not being too helpful in covering her medical needs (oxygen mask etc). Please keep all of these things in your prayers.

As you know, we have had our own battles with reflux, aspiration, FTT, delayed gasteric emptying and sensory issues due to pain management. These kids are going through what our two GERDlings have dealt with and more. They have such a special place in my heart and I love them all like my own. Please please pray for them to be healed and be able to have a "normal" life. Pray for these parents as they care for these children and as they mourn the ideas of what should have, or could have been. That can be almost as hard as dealing with the illness. I personally would ask that you pray that God will give me the right words to comfort and that He will use me to guide these families closer to Him during these trying times. I can not imagine dealing with what we have with out Him leading the way.

Thank you all for reading this and for praying for these families. Sorry about the big drop off in posts. The glitch is "fixed". If you have any prayer requests send them along.

Love you all!

No comments: